We’ve all been there – that heart-stopping moment when your beloved Oneplus smartphone takes an unexpected plunge into the water. Whether it’s a toilet mishap, an accidental dip in the pool, or a rainy day disaster, water damage can wreak havoc on your Oneplus device. But fear not! We’re here to give you some expert OnePlus solutions!
Water damage to a OnePlus phone can range from minor to severe. For minor exposure, swift action is key: power off the device, remove accessories and gently dry the exterior. Contrary to popular belief, rice isn’t the best drying agent; silica gel packets work better. In cases of moderate to severe exposure, seeking the best OnePlus repair services is advisable. For a minor dunking, you can try an isopropyl alcohol bath to displace moisture, but remember to be cautious and patient during the drying process. Prevention, such as using water-resistant cases, is always a wise approach.
In this guide, we’ll dive into the world of Oneplus repair, specifically focusing on rescuing wet phones. So, grab your soggy Oneplus, and let’s embark on a journey to revive it.
Understanding the Severity of Water Damage
Before we jump into the rescue mission, it’s crucial to assess the severity of the water damage. OnePlus smartphones are not entirely waterproof, so quick action is essential. There are three common levels of water damage:
1. Minor Exposure:
This happens when your Oneplus encounters a few droplets of water or light splashes. Symptoms may include temporary screen glitches or speaker distortion. The chances of revival are high with minimal intervention.
2. Moderate Exposure:
Moderate exposure occurs when your phone is partially submerged or soaked briefly.
Signs of trouble may include unresponsive touch screens or distorted audio. Immediate action is needed in this, but there’s still hope for recovery.
3. Severe Exposure:
This is the worst-case scenario, where your Oneplus takes a deep dive into water or is soaked for an extended period. Indicators of severe damage include a completely unresponsive device or a non-functional screen. While not impossible, revival is more challenging and may require professional help.
Quick Do’s and Don’ts for Water-Damaged Oneplus
- Act Fast: Time is of the essence. The longer you wait, the higher the chances of irreversible damage.
- Turn it Off: Power down your Oneplus immediately to prevent short circuits.
- Remove Accessories: Take off the case, SIM card, and any peripherals.
- Dry the Exterior: Gently wipe the phone’s exterior with a dry cloth.
- Don’t Power On: Avoid the temptation to check if your Oneplus is still working.
- No Hair Dryers or Heaters: Excessive heat can cause further damage.
- Shake It: Vigorous shaking can drive water deeper into the device.
- Disassemble It: Unless you’re a professional, opening your phone can cause more harm.
Rice Myth vs. Reality
You may have heard the age-old advice of submerging your water-damaged phone in a bowl of rice. While this method has saved a few devices, it’s not the most effective solution. Here’s why:
- Myth: Rice absorbs moisture.
- Reality: Rice is not a reliable drying agent.
Instead, try this better approach:
Use Silica Gel Packets:
Silica gel is a desiccant designed to absorb moisture. Place your Oneplus and some silica gel packets in an airtight bag or container. Check if the packets are indicating moisture absorption, and replace them if needed.
Isopropyl Alcohol Bath
For minor exposure, you can try the isopropyl alcohol bath method. Isopropyl alcohol is a powerful moisture displacer that can help revive your phone. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Isopropyl alcohol (at least 90% concentration)
- A small container
- A toothbrush with soft bristles
- Cotton swabs
- Disassemble if Possible: If you’re comfortable doing so, remove the phone’s battery (if removable) and any accessible components. This allows for more thorough drying.
- Submerge in Alcohol: Place the affected parts of your Oneplus in a container filled with isopropyl alcohol. Gently agitate the container to help the alcohol penetrate.
- Brush and Swab: Use a toothbrush to scrub the affected areas, especially connectors and circuitry, gently. Follow up with cotton swabs to soak up any remaining moisture.
- Dry and Reassemble: Allow the phone and components to air dry completely before reassembling. This may take 24 to 48 hours.
- Seeking Professional Help: For moderate to severe exposure, it’s best to seek professional OnePlus repair services. Attempting complex repairs without the necessary skills can worsen the damage. The experts at Fix and Go NY INC can effectively fix your water-damaged one plus with the use of advanced tools and knowledge.
Water damage can be a real downpour on your Oneplus parade, but with the right steps and quick action, you can increase the chances of a successful revival. Remember that prevention is the best cure, so consider investing in water-resistant phone cases or pouches to safeguard your device from future mishaps.
For more Oneplus Repair tips and expert solutions, keep reading our blogs.